[pulseaudio-discuss] How to disable switch on HDMI audio output ?

Tomaž Šolc tomaz.solc at klevio.com
Thu Mar 7 11:31:24 UTC 2019

Hi

On 1. 03. 19 12:15, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> As stated in the title, I'm looking for a way to disable switch to
> HDMI audio output.

I think there's currently no way to blacklist devices in the
module-switch-on-port-available.

If you never want to use HDMI audio at all, then perhaps the best way to
solve your problem is to just make PulseAudio ignore that device altogether.

There's a guide here on how to do that for an USB audio device here via
setting "PULSE_IGNORE" in /etc/udev/rules.d.

https://jamielinux.com/blog/tell-pulseaudio-to-ignore-a-usb-device-using-udev/

It should work for HDMI audio as well if you adapt the device matching
rule for your specific hardware.

You can get the required info on your device by looking for sysfs.path
in "pactl list" and then using "udevadm info" to inspect that path.

Best regards
Tomaž