[pulseaudio-discuss] Early steps for an investigation (stuttering)

Elio Blanca eblanca at libero.it
Mon Nov 4 09:28:20 UTC 2019

Il giorno Fri, 1 Nov 2019 21:32:27 +0100
Georg Chini <georg at chini.tk> ha scritto:

> I would recommend upgrading to 13.0.
I'm quite recluctant to do this, since the Download PulseAudio page
says it's a non-trivial job. Anyway, as a last resort, I will.

> Also you could try
> to load module-udev-detect with tsched=0.
Until last week I had default pulse configuration and stuttering
appeared. Then, after reading a bunch of threads pulse-related on the
internet, I changed things a bit into /etc/pulse/ and now I have:
realtime-scheduling = yes (into daemon.conf, this statement was
commented out)
and
load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0 (into default.pa, I added the
'tsched' part)

but still stuttering happens.

> Do you get any
> log messages when the stuttering appears?
If I got it well, I need to look into /var/log/messages, is it?
So, I see a message:
Nov  4 10:05:19 cindy kernel: [  718.606575] snd_hda_intel
0000:00:1f.3: IRQ timing workaround is activated for card #0. Suggest a
bigger bdl_pos_adj.
just when the sound starts. Then, after a few minutes, sound stutters
but without any further message.

Elio