[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio keeps messing up my ALSA mixer settings at random times

Patrick May dusthillresident at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:52:48 UTC 2020

Hello,

Pulseaudio seems to like to set my ALSA mixer settings to ABSOLUTE
COMPLETELY MAXED OUT VOLUME seemingly at random, it seems like it
happens usually when I reboot the computer but I'm not sure.

I guess it's happening when the pulseaudio daemon gets started.

This is resulting in REALLY LOUD sound getting blasted at me through my
headphones without warning and I'm sick of it.

Is there a way to tell the pulseaudio daemon or whatever to leave the
ALSA mixer settings as they are when it starts up?

By the way I already had to add "load-module module-alsa-sink
control=Master" to my default.pa file because for some reason, it would
either set the volume to ABSOLUTELY MAXED OUT LOUD or completely muted
(PCM set to 0) presumably because my soundcard (sound blaster live
emu10k1) is not well supported by pulseaudio.

thanks.
PM