[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio keeps messing up my ALSA mixer settings at random times

Patrick May dusthillresident at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 23:23:20 UTC 2020

I've now worked out exactly when it's happening.
When I log in at a virtual terminal (and I'm already logged in with
another session with pulseaudio daemon running), that's when pulseaudio
decides it's the right time to set my ALSA mixer volume to absolute 100%.

It seems to be a bit random though - it either sets it to 100% or 0%.
But it always does it one way or the other.

It also seems to happen when I log out at a virtual terminal.

Does anyone know why this is happening?