[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth HSP and HFP support in pulseaudio

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:08:41 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 28 April 2020 13:57:42 Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Just to chime in on the ofono removal issue: I'm also of the opinion
> that removing ofono support is not an option.

Well, in this case you have 3 choices:

* Fix it yourself or find somebody who will work on it and would maintain this code in future
* Try asking ofono community to start cooperate and tell them start
* working and fixing that pulseaudio ofono code (including future maintenance)
* Do not take my now fully working hsphpfd support in pulseaudio and do not implement HSP and HFP profiles properly in pulseaudio at all

I'm not going to spend another time with ofono and its buggy audio
support, I tried it and it was waste of time, and specially now when
ofono community is not interested in cooperation; and I have working
better alternative suitable also for supporting other parts (like
battery support, input button support, etc...)

And... what is the purpose of buggy ofono backend support in pulseaudio,
now when I provided better code HSP and HFP profiles?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com