[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio 13.0 stopped working after system upgrade

Sun Jul 12 18:35:09 UTC 2020

Hi there!

I just did a distribution upgrade, now pulseaudio 13.0 stopped working.

I use a Unix socket setup to allow multiple local users to access the
pulse server.

In /etc/pulse/default.pa  I use these options:

load-module module-native-protocol-unix  socket=/dev/shm/pulse-socket
auth-anonymous=1

The main local user (me...) has no $HOME/.config/pulse/client.conf

Now, when doing pulseaudio -D --start -vvvv I get this:

D: [pulseaudio] conf-parser.c: Parsing configuration file
'/etc/pulse/client.conf'
D: [pulseaudio] conf-parser.c: Parsing configuration file
'/etc/pulse/client.conf.d/50-system.conf'
I: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup successful.

But, I have no sound.  pactl info gives this error:

Connection failure: Connection refused

The daemon is running. accepting no connections.

The local user is in groups audio and pulse.

It  would be nice if someone has a hint for me!

Thank you!