[pulseaudio-discuss] Auto-load module on mic connect?

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Mon May 11 02:51:57 UTC 2020

I would like to give the echo-cancel module a try, as I use desktop
speakers and a USB mic for meetings and such.  However, I usually leave
the mic powered off (or sometimes even disconnected) when not in use, so
the echo-cancel module can't be loaded by default.

Is there a good way to auto-load the echo-cancel module when this mic is
connected?  I considered a udev rule, but I didn't think that would be
able to affect the user's instance of pulseaudio.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>