[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume mismatch between pulseaudio and alsa

S. sb56637 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:17:20 UTC 2020

With the latest stable versions of the audio stack on openSUSE Tumbleweed I have also observed mismatches between PA and ALSA with my Thinkpad T530. In the case of my internal integrated mic Capture level, 100% in `alsamixer` corresponds to only ~33% in the `pavucontrol` Input Devices tab. Anything beyond ~33% in `pavucontrol` starts enabling mic overboost in `alsamixer`, which causes distortion.