[pulseaudio-discuss] How to combine microphone audio and music from application to pipe to video conference

Samir Parikh spython01 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 19:59:14 UTC 2020

Sean Greenslade wrote on 5/26/20 3:07 PM:
>> - In your original configuration, you had me create just one loopback
>> module.  In your more complicated setup, there appear to be 3 in total. Do I
>> just use the original
>> 	pacmd load-module module-loopback sink=virt_mix
>> command to create the other 2 but change the sink?
>
> Yes, every time you call that command, you load another loopback module.
> The sink= and source= options let you specify the initial state of the
> connections.

Hi Sean,

I took the diagram you made for me[1] and updated it with the PulseAudio
commands I think I need to implement it:
https://imgur.com/rTteO1n

Steps 1 and 2 were the ones you gave my in your very first reply[2].
I've just updated the sink_name and device.description to match the diagram.

Step 3 creates the other virtual sink.  Hopefully I got those commands
correct.

I'm struggling, however, with the command syntax to create the other two
loopback modules.  I'm not sure how to craft the sink= option for those
or whether they are even required.

Any ideas or suggestions for those?

Thanks again.
Samir