[pulseaudio-discuss] How to control the right and left channel for a specific application using CLI ?

01ivier at labomedia.org 01ivier at labomedia.org
Tue Nov 3 22:28:04 UTC 2020

Hello again,

I want to know if there is a way, still in command line, to control the
right and left volumes of an application.
With Pulseaudio Volume Control, you can click on the lock icon related
to a launched application, and two sliders appear to do so.
Is it possible in CLI ?

My goal is to run two applications on the same card, but to assign right
channel for one and left for the other.

Possible complication : the output of my application is in mono and with
Pulseaudio Volume Control I don't get the two sliders if I click on the
lock icon.

Thank you.

°1ivier