[pulseaudio-discuss] USB-connected headsets: no sound

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 3 20:05:25 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021, Sean Greenslade wrote:

> The menu I was referring to is attached to each of the clients. In your
> screenshot, it's the box that says "HD-Audio Generic Analog Stereo".
> Click that and change it to "Logitech H570e Stereo Analog Stereo".

Sean,

Thanks for correcting me. When I change the upper port it displays "Headset
(unplugged)" while the headset is plugged in.

The lower port sill shows "Logitach H5703 Stereo Analog Stereo" with the
port remaining "Headphones".

> Your system theme makes it a little hard to tell, but yes, the one that is
> in the darkened state is the selected one. As I mentioned, this won't
> directly affect existing streams, it simply sets the "fallback" device
> that is selected if a new client appears and doesn't explicitly specify
> which sound card it wants to send audio to.

Unfortuately, changing the upper port to read "Headset (unplugged)" did not
make a difference; still no audio output.

Regards,

Rich