[pulseaudio-discuss] USB-connected headsets: no sound

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 5 16:20:00 UTC 2021

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021, Sean Greenslade wrote:

> There are two places in pavucontrol where you will need to verify
> things.


I did a lot of poking in the system. Here's the relevant lines in dmesg:
# dmesg
[4721657.287134] usb 1-11: new full-speed USB device number 49 using xhci_hcd
[4721657.877083] usb 1-11: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=0a56, bcdDevice= 1.03
[4721657.877086] usb 1-11: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[4721657.877088] usb 1-11: Product: Logitech H570e Stereo
[4721657.877089] usb 1-11: Manufacturer: Logitech Inc
[4721657.877091] usb 1-11: SerialNumber: 00000000
[4721658.041812] usb 1-11: Warning! Unlikely big volume range (=4125), cval->res is probably
[4721658.041816] usb 1-11: [11] FU [Sidetone Playback Volume] ch = 1, val = 0/4125/1
[4721658.180916] input: Logitech Inc Logitech H570e Stereo Consumer Control as
[4721658.233326] input: Logitech Inc Logitech H570e Stereo as
[4721658.233482] hid-generic 0003:046D:0A56.0014: input,hiddev96,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Device
[Logitech Inc Logitech H570e Stereo] on usb-0000:01:00.0-11/input3

When I entered the Warning! in duckduckgo I found a 7-year-old thread on a
red hat forum. There I learned about the 'pactl list' command. Running that
here poured out a lot of output. The sections on the Logitech headset are in
the attached gzipped text file.

I don't understand why but I see what's probably the underlying cause. I
hope that your expertise can translate it to explain what I need to do about
the suspended and other non-working parts.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: pactl-list.txt.gz
Type: application/x-gzip
Size: 4026 bytes
URL: <https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/attachments/20210205/ca0d5602/attachment.bin>

More information about the pulseaudio-discuss mailing list