[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio Support for Blender

Jörg Müller nexyon at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:29:49 UTC 2021

Hello,

I've developed a PulseAudio backend [1] for Blender which is going to be
released with Blender 3.0 and should be the default audio backend on Linux.

I've developed the backend based on the documentation [2] and looking at
some code of other implementations [3,4], but I'm not sure if I did
everything correctly. It works on my end, but some users are reporting
that it now distorts audio playback on their system [5].

Basically I create a stream that I cork while there is no playback. I'm
using a pa_mainloop object that is iterated in an own thread, to avoid
deadlocks with the locking mechanism of the underlying audio
device/backend code.

I hoped someone could have a quick look at my implementation [1] and
check if I made a mistake using the API. Or maybe there is another
reason for the issues that some people are experiencing? Thanks for your
help already in advance!

Best regards,
Joerg

[1]