[pulseaudio-discuss] Never auto-select a device as the fallback

Chris Keller xylo04 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 16:53:02 UTC 2021

Hello folks,

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I use some external sound cards as
interfaces to amateur radios. For those sound cards, I never want them to
be selected as the fallback or default, especially for output but also for
input. I'd like to keep the behavior of automatically moving fallbacks so
my Bluetooth headphones will be selected when they're connected, and go
back to my speakers when they're disconnected, but the radio interfaces
should never be eligible for auto-selection like that. Is that possible?

Chris