Using module-ladspa-sink - what LADSPA plugin exactly do I need to install?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 08:24:45 UTC 2024

If you read LADSPA specification, you'll see that in a LADSPA plugin
there are functions that are called once per plugin lifecycle. You can
insert into those functions fprintf(stderr, ...) calls with diagnostic
messages to make sure the plugin is indeed instantiated/used.

For that matter, with big enough samples buffer you can insert the same
kind of fprintf statements into the 'run' function.

Also, LADSPA plugins should be listed in the PulseAudio configuration
file. I did manage to run a pretty sophisticated LADSPA plugin of my own
under PulseAudio several years ago; don't have PulseAudio configuration
file at the moment at hand right now, maybe I'll find it later.

--Sergei.