Using module-ladspa-sink - what LADSPA plugin exactly do I need to install?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 04:58:46 UTC 2024

Hi Doron,

'grep -ri ladspa <whatever_path> is a powerful tool that helped me to
find my own 'README_pulseaudio.txt
' file which says:

$cat -n
/media/sergei/d82573ae-e81f-472b-b2e5-4a9b31777d26/music/GenericBinauralFFTWsp/README_pulseaudio.txt
     1  1) edit /etc/pulse/client.conf file to make sure
     2
     3  autospawn = no
     4  .
     5
     6  Do I really need this ? Only while debugging the plugin while it
crashes to prevent pulseaudio from constantly crashing and restarting ?
     7
     8  2) edit /etc/pulse/default.pa file to add to its end
     9
    10
    11  .ifexists module-ladspa-sink.so
    12  .nofail
    13  load-module module-ladspa-sink sink_name=GenericBinauralFFTW
plugin=GenericBinauralFFTW_1030 label=1030
    14  .fail
    15  .endif
    16
    17  . the 'label' field must have the same value as
(*LongEqPlusReverbDescriptor).Label field in the LADSPA plugin code -
pay attention to capital 'L' vs small 'l';
    18
    19  3) kill pulseaudio with
    20
    21  pulseaudio -k
    22  ;
    23
    24  4) start pulseaudio with
    25
    26  (export
LADSPA_PATH=/mnt/althome/sergei/acoustics_work_sp/ladspa;  pulseaudio
-vvvvv --start --log-level=4 --log-target=syslog)
    27
    28  - adjust the '/mnt/althome/sergei/acoustics_work_sp/ladspa' path
as necessary.
sergei at wdpurple:~

Pay special attention to the possible need to adjust LADSPA_PATH
environment variable and to how 'pulseaudio' should be started with the
adjusted LADSPA_PATH.

Also, please find attached
'/etc/pulse/client.conf','/etc/pulse/default.pa' files reflecting what's
written in the above README file.

--Sergei.