Why the playing audio will be recorded into the mic?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 20:23:07 UTC 2024

"The output audio is not sent to the speakers, but from the headphones,
and the mic cannot pick up the played audio from the air" - actually, it
can. I recently tested a USB audio interface with connected to it XLR
microphone, and I was wearing circumaural headphones. With high enough
gain I managed to obtain oscillations because of the acoustic feedback.

--Sergei.