Why the playing audio will be recorded into the mic?

guest271314 guest271314 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 14:37:34 UTC 2024

This
https://github.com/guest271314/captureSystemAudio?tab=readme-ov-file#pulseaudio-module-remap-source
is what I have used to create a remapped source that is the monitor device
that can be selected as a microphone by interfaces such as
navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia() on Chromium and Chrome browsers,
which forthe past 5 years did not provide a means to capture system audio,
until this
https://gist.github.com/guest271314/baaa0b8d4b034ff4e9352af4f2bbf42c was
recently implemented

pactl load-module module-remap-source \
  master=@DEFAULT_MONITOR@ \
  source_name=speakers source_properties=device.description=Speakers \
&& pactl set-default-source speakers