Getting the 6.7 branch tag set

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Apr 7 08:30:19 PDT 2004

Around 16 o'clock on Apr 7, Egbert Eich wrote:

> To adhere to the this sceme I've used XORG-6_7_0 to tag the release (at
> around 1:30 this morning) after I updated the documentation to reflect
> that.

I'm very sorry for changing things at the last minute; as with you, I was
rushing around trying to get things ready.  I looked at the talk window,
saw 'XORG-6_7' and said 'oh no, it *has* to be 6_7_0'.  Then I looked at
the BUILD file and it still said 'xo_6_7_0' and I jumped to the
(incorrect) conclusion that you hadn't looked at the docs and didn't
realize they contained the release number in many places.

So, by the time I'd retagged the tree (thinking that was all that was
required to fix things), I then discovered that you *had* used the right
tag and *had* updated the documentation sources.

Sigh.

I'd like to limit the fix to just updating the tag in the tree, noting
that the docs in the tarballs are broken and leaving the tar files alone.
Otherwise, we will have to regenerate the doc sources, which is a pain
(you have to be in an ISO-8859-1 locale).

(as a slight aside, I'd really prefer a lower case tag; it's a lot easier
to type, but I can live with whatever you select).

Mea culpa

-keith