Tinderbox status.

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Thu Dec 9 12:23:19 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 13:08 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> It is easy, from the server side, to specify whether head, or some
> branch should be built.  Switching from one branch to the other is a 5
> minute task by the tinderbox administrator, and kicking the machines to
> restart builds.
>
> And it is easy to have more than one tinderbox (if we can get enough
> build machines), so that more than one branch might be continually
> built.
>
> Right now, it would probably be best until .2 goes out the door to
> switch over to the release branch from head.
> 				- Jim

At the moment, I'm running two clients for xorg, so I've got 6.8 and
HEAD.  With those and kaffe on one machine I'm hitting some swap, but
the build times still aren't that bad.

Yeah, it's easy to set branches for clients.  To those who'd like to do
6.8, just start running a client with a suffix like -6_8, and email me
or ping me on irc and I'll fix it up.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org