[Release-wranglers] Preliminary To do list for release.

Daniel Stone daniel@freedesktop.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:20:10 +1100

--ZJcv+A0YCCLh2VIg

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 02:44:18PM -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> setup regular IRC/calls of wranglers
> status reports

Here's mine for the XFree86 DDX:
  * Working (including SDK): common, ddc, dummylib, fbdevhw, i2c,
    parser, rac, vbe, vgahw
  * Working-ish for Linux: os-support
  * Not attempted yet: int10, loader, parser, shadowfb, xaa
  * Punted: everything else

> Complete font work or decide to punt for this release
> 	What is drop dead day?

I think that, since we're such a small team, we can afford to run
drop-dead day up very, very close to our release.

> Autotool XF86 ddx. Daniel is starting.
> 	 Priority order: Linux, bsd, solaris, other as people do them
> 		only Linux is showstopper for initial release.

Right ... that means I'll need access to BSD/Solaris boxes at some
stage, or someone else to do that part of os-support.

> Would be nice to be able to build RPM's and Debs automatically. Far from
> clear we can do so initially: generating spec files files, etc,
> is work.

For debs, not going to happen. Largely because it's blocking on me, and
there's no way I can get that happening in any reasonable timeframe. Our
X packages need a complete overhaul, and I can't do that quickly.

> distcheck all packages, preferably passing in all modules if possible

All the xlibs modules pass distcheck, but Xt is fucked up the butt, and
you can quote me on that. Mainly with the *.ht stuff. I think EXTRA_DIST
is more what we're looking for - anyone?

> Drink beer.

Can Keith substitute 'eat pie' for this point? ;)

--=20
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel@freedesktop=
.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedeskto=