[Release-wranglers] Re: Teleconference contact information for open source testing.

Mike A. Harris release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:25:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Keith Packard wrote:

>+ Composite support in the X server changes the DIX/DDX interface and may
>  require recompiling video drivers.
>
>+ Discarding the XFree86 loader and moving to dlopen will require
>  recompiling video drivers.
>
>+ We should avoid breaking video driver interfaces twice.
>
>+ We have a desire to (quickly) stabilize the driver interface so that video
>  drivers can be released separately from the X server.

+ Remove the currently hard coded limit of MAX_SCREENS==16,
replacing it with code that dynamically adjusts up to the
protocol maximum.  I have a patch from Rik Faith that does this,
which can be reviewed when the time is right.

--
Mike A. Harris