Minutes of 2/27 call.

Jim Gettys release-wranglers@freedesktop.org
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:53:34 -0500

Notes from call 2/27 - jg

Next call, Monday, usual time and number.

Attending, at least: JimG, Kaleb, StuartK, egbert, Keithp, Kevin,
JohnD.,  PaulA, and a voice or two I don't yet have names
attached to.

CVS bugs on freedesktop.
cvs diff has problems on branches

Keith action item: fix cvs ASAP.
	new pserver, old cvs; is it fixed now?

Release branch is: XORG-RELEASE-1

Egbert's been examining the tree.

	PEX, XIE remove from tree.
	A couple fonts removed. fonts/bdf/unmech{100,75}.
	dec, hp ddx removed.
	Xutf8 renaming needs to be backed out right now due to
	lack of testing.
	revert xinerama for the time being.

Mike Harris has experience with updating various stuff like
Xft, etc, that are stale in XF86's tree.

Trademark: looks like the obvious changes needed for avoiding confusion:
e.g. executable name, what the server spits out,
vendor string, etc.

xorg-commit list produces information that gets fed to:
	~eich/scripts/diff_extract.sh

The release bug in bugzilla in 213.
	232 is the release note bug.

Please add items to block these bugs as you think/discover them.

As you start work on one of these, please assign it to yourself, so
that we know who is working on which.

xc/ChangeLog-XORG-RELEASE-1 is where the changelog is; please
update this file as you make changes.

Keith P. is autotooling xfree86 ddx.  Will be committing so others can
share.
Currently compiles, but doesn't link yet.

Composite may not provide compatibility issues; Keith P. may have been
mistaken in his previous belief driver changes were unavoidable.
More news when he has it running (or not).

Discussion of moving xlibs, xserver, xapps into a common repository.
Discussion of modular transition; modular packages won't be declared
as released until they've been synchronized with the monolithic
version.

Biggest aid to transition will be if we can get the drivers building
from modules to install into the monolithic tree quickly; then we'd
be able to commit bug fixes and know they end up working everywhere.

--
Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys@hp.com>
HP Labs, Cambridge Research Laboratory