X.Org Foundation release plan [draft]

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jul 16 10:14:49 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 09:05, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 08:30, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
> >

> >>Kevin:
> >>
> >>I believe you should enter:
> >>
> >>Stuart Kreitman:
> >>- integration of Composite to DAMAGE-XFIXES branch
> >>- update XEVIE to 1.1
> >>- update of D-X branch to head and finally into head
> >>

> >I don't see any need to update D-X branch to head.  I don't expect that
> >there would be any conflicts with merging it from the branch as-is, or I
> >can merge it from one of my composite integration trees.
> >

> motivated by fear of breaking head or being broken by head. I have
> background work in xevie and composite
> which are needed in their own rightby otheres, but always open to
> suggestions.
>

> >I mean writing a generic wrapper for Composite that doesn't require any
> >knowledge of Composite by the DDX, which is needed for nvidia support.
> >I understand Sun had already done this work, but getting that from them
> >was turning out to be hard from what I understand, so I'm implementing
> >
> "them" is me and Deron Johnson. the only problem in getting the bits is
> my schedule. Anyway, let's not duplicate effort.

So, what is your schedule?  I hadn't heard anything about you guys
actually actively pushing the Composite bits into X.Org, and I had heard
that Keith had tried to get the bits from you in the past and failed,
which was why I've been working on it myself.  I'd like to get Composite
in the tree soon so we can start finding any issues with it, and so I
can get to work on XAA issues that need resolving with respect to
Render.  Using xcompmgr will help increase the variety of my Render
usage a lot, for finding hidden bugs.

All I would need is the wrapper.  I'm happy to do merging of other bits
necessary if it would take additional time for you to dig them out of
your tree.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org