X.Org Foundation release plan [draft]

Stuart Kreitman Stuart.Kreitman at sun.com
Fri Jul 16 10:39:01 PDT 2004

Eric Anholt wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 09:05, Stuart Kreitman wrote:
>

>>Eric Anholt wrote:

>>>I don't see any need to update D-X branch to head.  I don't expect that
>>>there would be any conflicts with merging it from the branch as-is, or I
>>>can merge it from one of my composite integration trees.
>>>

>>motivated by fear of breaking head or being broken by head. I have
>>background work in xevie and composite
>>which are needed in their own rightby otheres, but always open to
>>suggestions.
>>

>>>I mean writing a generic wrapper for Composite that doesn't require any
>>>knowledge of Composite by the DDX, which is needed for nvidia support.
>>>I understand Sun had already done this work, but getting that from them
>>>was turning out to be hard from what I understand, so I'm implementing
>>>

>>"them" is me and Deron Johnson. the only problem in getting the bits is
>>my schedule. Anyway, let's not duplicate effort.
>>

>So, what is your schedule?  I hadn't heard anything about you guys
>actually actively pushing the Composite bits into X.Org, and I had heard
>that Keith had tried to get the bits from you in the past and failed,

It is my top priority starting this past monday. I have been delayed by
getting damage-xfixes working in our own x-server
with gnome-magnification and other integrations

To set the record straight, It's a misstatement that Keith or anyone
"had tried to get the bits... and failed". I simply haven't been ready.
hope to be soon.

skk