Status updates for feature freeze

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Fri Jul 30 22:01:53 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 21:31, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:48:47PM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> > Below I've listed my current understanding of where we are today.  I
> > would like to get confirmation and/or updates on the status of each to
> > make sure that they are still on schedule.
> >
> > 1. Composite: The XAA wrappers plus the Composite extension will be
> >    integrated by Eric Anholt today, and Deron Johnson will review the
> >    code for any bug fixes or missing pieces later.  Testing can begin
> >    this weekend.

Keith's working on the Render wrapper from what I understand, so we'll
hopefully have something usable for the desktop tonight.  I've got a
tree with the Composite and new-xfixes merged, but it's crashing even
with Composite off (and non-Xorg servers have issues linking the
Composite lib because they can't find the damage/xfixes symbols).  I'm
building a clean tree to see if the crash is the fault of this code.  My
disks just flaked out again, setting me back a little.  I'm also working
on the userland for Xfixes and Xdamage, which I thought had been merged
previously.

[...]

8. Render acceleration in XAA
I have a new patch with I think appropriate version bumping at
http://www.freedesktop.org/~anholt/xorg-renderhooks-2.diff -- I don't
think it was responsible for my crashing above (the version without XAA
version bumping worked fine for me), but my tree was a mess of diffs and
I'd like to see it tested working before committing.  I'm hoping someone
can beat me to that.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org