Status updates for feature freeze

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Sat Jul 31 01:36:55 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 21:31, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 07:48:47PM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> > Below I've listed my current understanding of where we are today.  I
> > would like to get confirmation and/or updates on the status of each to
> > make sure that they are still on schedule.
> >
> > 1. Composite: The XAA wrappers plus the Composite extension will be
> >    integrated by Eric Anholt today, and Deron Johnson will review the
> >    code for any bug fixes or missing pieces later.  Testing can begin
> >    this weekend.
> >
> >    After talking with Keith Packard earlier today, he said that he would
> >    work toward exposing the extra visuals from the extension instead of
> >    globally to avoid the problems with Mozilla/Flash, etc.  There is
> >    also a hack that could be put into place in Xlib to work around this
> >    problem, but that is not the desired solution.

We've got a composite wrapper in HEAD now.  Compiling of Composite on
the server is disabled by default for the moment because the build
breaks with Xprt, and I haven't figured out why yet.

I'm going to stall on fixing the composite wrapper for a little while to
work on other issues.  I'd like to pull the new trapezoids in still.  I
also need to get my XAA diff in, but I'm getting a server crash on my
Radeon (but not a SiS) even without the patch, so I'm not sure if I
should go mucking about in there while things are broken (assuming a
commit to ati was originally at fault).  What are thoughts on the XAA
hook?

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org