xc/lib/font/FreeType/ in "XORG-RELEASE-1"-branch differs from Xfree86 trunk...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Mar 14 09:23:48 PST 2004

Around 21 o'clock on Mar 14, Chisato Yamauchi wrote:

> Consequently, in the case of such a font, the display of outline is not
> accelerated at all.  This is fatal in the CJK environment.

Ok, I think we're on the same page then.  If you don't like the API
provided by FreeType, please ask them to extend it (and provide a sample
implementation).  They're very accomodating; we've already had many major
additions included by them.

>  Please restore the code.

Yes, I'd love to have FreeType fixed so we can accelerate this less common
case.  If you send them a nice patch, I imagine we'll see it included in
FreeType 2.1.8.

-keith