X.Org Foundation - Release Call - 3rd May 2004

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Tue May 11 12:26:03 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:42:29PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:43:57PM +0100, Howard Greenwell wrote:
> > 3. Contents of next release/schedule.
> >
> > Alan Hourihane has been updating the XFree86 tree? Jim asked if anyone
> > knows the status.  Tungsten Graphics contracts require people to
> > integrate their work on the XFree86 tree.  Need to investigate changes
> > that have been made.

First off, I don't know where that statement came from regarding Tungsten's
contracts.

> I have a few questions:
>
> 1) Does Alan have a policy regarding the license of the contributions he
>    makes to the XFree86 CVS repository?
> 2) Does Alan use the XFree86 1.1 or X-Oz licenses?

I'll continue to make contributions under the license that
exists in the trident, glint and other drivers I've contributed to.

> 3) Does anything in the Tungsten Graphics contract forbid people from
>    integrating their work into other trees as well?

I'm not at liberty to discuss contracts that Tungsten have, so you'd
have to examine any license when code is offered to the community as
and when Tungsten deliver it.

For the record, I've already stated that I will merge Mesa 6.x into
the X.Org CVS when I get some time again. I'm heavily involved in other
things at the moment.

Alan.