X.Org Foundation - Release Call - 3rd May 2004

Branden Robinson branden at deadbeast.net
Thu May 13 10:40:26 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 08:26:03PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 01:42:29PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:43:57PM +0100, Howard Greenwell wrote:
> > > 3. Contents of next release/schedule.
> > >
> > > Alan Hourihane has been updating the XFree86 tree? Jim asked if anyone
> > > knows the status.  Tungsten Graphics contracts require people to
> > > integrate their work on the XFree86 tree.  Need to investigate changes
> > > that have been made.
>
> First off, I don't know where that statement came from regarding Tungsten's
> contracts.

Sorry for repeating it.  :(

> > I have a few questions:
> >
> > 1) Does Alan have a policy regarding the license of the contributions he
> >    makes to the XFree86 CVS repository?
> > 2) Does Alan use the XFree86 1.1 or X-Oz licenses?
>
> I'll continue to make contributions under the license that
> exists in the trident, glint and other drivers I've contributed to.

Okay.  Thanks for the clarification!

> > 3) Does anything in the Tungsten Graphics contract forbid people from
> >    integrating their work into other trees as well?
>
> I'm not at liberty to discuss contracts that Tungsten have, so you'd
> have to examine any license when code is offered to the community as
> and when Tungsten deliver it.

Okay.

> For the record, I've already stated that I will merge Mesa 6.x into
> the X.Org CVS when I get some time again. I'm heavily involved in other
> things at the moment.

I apologize if I came across as nagging about this; it wasn't my
intention at all.  In fact, I'm much more concerned with the 2D drivers,
personally.

Thanks again for correcting my ignorance.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |      Of two competing theories or
Free Software Developer        |      explanations, all other things