[Roadster] blank maps

Ian McIntosh ian_mcintosh at linuxadvocate.org
Tue Aug 23 17:11:48 PDT 2005

Barry,

Have you gotten any roads to show up yet?

I've discovered one possible cause of the problem.  When Roadster is
internationalized, numbers like "2.358" can (depending on the locale)
change to "2,358".

This is what we want in the GUI, but not in SQL commands sent to MySQL.
I'm working on the fix now.

Is your system set to a locale where numbers use "," and not "."?  If
so, a temporary solution is to run Roadster using "LANG=en
roadster" (delete your map data first "rm -rf ~/.roadster/data/roadster"
then re-import).

-Ian