[Roadster] initial project questions

Dustin kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:27:54 PST 2005

So I think I've had a love affair with mapping software since I first
purchased DeLorme Map-N-Go nearly 10 years ago, continuing through the
various others I've used ever since.  With or without GPS
connectivity, I still like the option of local mapping data, (in
addition to Mapquest-like Internet-based alternatives).

As an avid Linux user and open source supporter, this is an important
piece of software (to me) missing from the Linux portfolio (and one of
the very last remaining reasons I keep a w32 partition on my mobile
computers).  Its exciting to see someone taking the initiative to fill
this gap.  My appreciation in advance...

A couple of questions...
1) Any idea when some code might be available for general testing?
2) License the code will be released under?
3) Are you interested in community contributions/collaboration?

thanks,
Dustin