[Roadster] Compilation successful - what next?

Krzysztof Kowalczyk kkowalczyk at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:39:54 PDT 2005

I managed to compile latest cvs version of roadster (on Ubuntu) and I
can run it.

However, I'm at a loss as to what should I do next since all I get is
just a blank screen and none of my searches returns a result.

I imagine that the problem is that CVS doesn't have any data but I
couldn't find any instructions on how to obtain/import data into
roadster.

There's a menu item "Map/Import map data" and somewhere there's a
mention that one can import US Census tiger data from tiger.zip file.
Is that correct?

Is there a link from which I can download tiger.zip data that can be
easily imported into roadster? I've looked at tiger website but it's
plenty confusing and it seems that tiger data is split into many
different files.

In short: where can I find data for roadster and how can I import them
into roadster?

Thanks,

Krzysztof Kowalczyk | http://blog.kowalczyk.info