[Roadster] Latest CVS

Ian McIntosh ian_mcintosh at linuxadvocate.org
Tue Sep 6 20:01:50 PDT 2005

Andy,

Roadster itself is single threaded.  The "Running multi-threaded" means
GLib is in multi-threaded mode, which is a bit slower but seems to be
required when using the GNOME-VFS library.

You can try commenting out this line in main.h if you want to run GLib
single-threaded:
#define USE_GNOME_VFS

(you won't be able to Import any more map data once commented out)

===

Some low-tech ideas on tracking down the problem:

First, make sure it's not mouse related.  Try starting roadster and not
touching the mouse, and see if it still crashes.

Second, you could try adding a g_printf() at the top and bottom of the
few time-related functions:

mainwindow_callback_on_gps_redraw_timeout
mainwindow_callback_on_slide_timeout
mainwindow_on_draw_pretty_timeout

-Ian