[Roadster] Greetings

Knight Walker kwalker at kobran.org
Mon Apr 24 20:51:39 PDT 2006

Greetings all.

I'm new to the project, hope to contribute, and hope I'm not too late
(The mailing list has been really slow lately).  I'm looking for an
in-car navigation system for a car PC project I'm building.  I've
explored quite a few programs and while nothing quite fits the bill, I
like Roadster quite a bit, mainly the interface and how it generates
maps on the fly, rather than using downloaded maps.

I've been poring over the mailing list for the last few days, and I've
finally gotten everything to compile and run (Had to make some
modifications, because I'm not going to use MySQL embedded when I've got
a perfectly good MySQL server sitting right here).  Now that I've got it
running (Verified it made the tables), my brain has burned out.  I can't
find out how to import data into the database so I can actually test the
thing.  I've done searches through the website, wiki, and mailing list
and I've hopped onto IRC (FreeNode, and GNOME) and no one is in
#roadnav.

Anyway, I'd like to contribute to the project but I'm stuck unless some
kind soul would e-mail me instructions on how to import the actual data
that makes this program useful.

Please?

-KW