[Roadster] Greetings

Knight Walker kwalker at kobran.org
Tue Apr 25 00:11:18 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 23:42 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> The last time I played with roadster, (which was a while ago), the
> File->Import menu option existed in the code but was disabled in the
> interface itself for some unfathomable reason.

Thanks for the tip.  I looked at the Glade project and saw "Import
Places..." and "Export Places..." under File that aren't in the running
program.  There is also a whole Debug menu which does contain an "Import
Map Data..." item, but that just dumps me into a modal file selector box
and I'm clueless.  Most of the other navigation programs I've played
with talk to their servers directly (For better or worse), so giving me
a file selector box isn't any help.

> So, before one could actually use the program, one had to hack the
> glade file to un-disable the menu option, and then use that.

That sounds like something I read in the archives about the Debug menu,
which on my system is still around (Even though I don't know what 99% of
it does or it won't do anything until I get some maps in there).  At
this point, I've done so much hacking on the thing, I don't really mind
beating up the Glade project too.

> It doesn't appear that I still have a patch for that at the
> moment. Hopefully someone else can offer more specifics.

Hopefully it's just that I need to download the TIGER file(s) locally
then point Roadster at them.

-KW