[Roadster] make fails with current glib

Scott Bronson bronson at rinspin.com
Mon Aug 21 12:32:42 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 11:12 -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> Probably more incompatability with bleeding-edge gtk, et al....
> I'll give another try after mysql is no longer required.

I'm waiting for the eradication of embedded mysql too.  I spent six
hours wrestling with it before giving up.

> (If it were to use a sql db, I'd tend to prefer pgsql,
> since I have that running anyway on the laptop.
> But sqlite is also cool.)

>From a quick look, pgsql shares all of the same problems as mysql: it's
a heavyweight database system that requires a lot of setup and
maintenance effort (particularly if a daemon needs to vacuum it
periodically).  Postgres doesn't even provide an embedded mode.

So...  I don't think moving to Postgres would be a wise move.  :)

    - Scott