[Roadster] PATCH re:unable to compile on gcc 4.1

Ian McIntosh ian_mcintosh at linuxadvocate.org
Tue Jun 13 23:38:28 PDT 2006

Casey,

sqlite doesn't support some of the features Roadster is currently using.
Specifically:

1) GIS functionality for loading roads/parks/etc.
2) FULLTEXT indexing for POI searching

We won't need GIS after we develop an alternative (GIS is not fast
enough for our use).

An alternative to FULLTEXT shouldn't be too hard to write using normal
SQL tables.

So it'll be possible, but it can't happen yet.

-Ian