[Roadster] downloading?

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:00:29 PST 2006

Turgut Durduran wrote:

>> you need to use cvs to download the source, at this point there's no stable release.
>

> Did you try today?
> you can not get anything from that website. Atleast nothing I can figure out. You can't see the screenshots, any information etc that are all referenced in various forums.
>
> If you did try today, can you tell me the particular command/address/repository you used?

I noticed this a couple weeks ago and forgot to ping Ian (author of
roadster and owner of linuxadvocate.org) and let him know. I'm guessing
its just a virtual domain configuration issue.

As for source, cvs is located at cairographics. This page might be helpful:

http://cairographics.org/Roadster/BuildingIt

There is also at least one patch in the archives on this list which you
might need to apply (don't think it made it into cvs).

Finally, if you're looking for a GPS program to use, you're probably
going to be disappointed. Roadster doesn't seem to be in functional
state (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). If you're looking to help
Roadster progress, then have at it!

-casey