[Roadster] Status & Roadmap

Ian McIntosh ian at openanswers.org
Tue Sep 11 10:43:44 PDT 2007

>   It should also be noted in this situation, that Roadster is
>   currently GPL.  If we were to library-ize it, it should probably
>   move to LGPL (there are few contributors, so if they agree, there
>   would be no issue).  Note that mapnik is LGPL.  AGG recently
>   switched to GPL, so mapnik has an older in-tree version of AGG
>   under a BSD-ish license.

I am happy to re-license my work under the LGPL.

The only other code contribution was from Nathan Fredrickson (he wrote
the new road labeling code).  You can find him here:

http://worksintheory.org/authors/nrf

Jeremy Cole has written some code which may come in handy for the
database, especially if going ahead with the tile format outlined in my

http://jcole.us/programming/

Specifically tile.{c,h} and interleave.{c,h}.

He told me LGPL is fine.  He also offered to explain the code, if
necessary.  I've included him on this email, so now you're in touch.

-Ian