[SCIM] Questions about Korean input.. and scim-uim

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 04:36:13 PDT 2004

Hi

> The problem is my fault and sorry for inconvenice.
> I will fix them later.

Thanks, I am waiting  fixed version.

> Anyway, I (and maybe others) would like to know more about Korean input methods.
> Could you answer follwing questions or show some web page?
>
> *What is the difference of 3bulshick 390 and 2bulshick?

2bulshick(dubeol shick) doesn't care about Korean.
That developer just seperated key map any way.
3bulshick(sebeol shick) was developed for Korean(as konwn Hangul) and
Korean typing.

Hangul consisted three charator or two charactor.
We say first caractor is cho-shung, second is jung-shung, last is jorng
-shung,(may wrong spelling.. I just know Korean spell)

Dubeol-shick doesn't care about that system.
Attached garam.gif will show how difference input method
between dubeol-shick and sebeol-shick.
That gif would be played. I will check with firefox.

Dubeol-shick is wrong keybord type, but most Korean use.   :-(
Attached dubeol.gif show dubeol keyboard map, sebeol_90.gif show
sebeol-shick 390, and sebeol_chejong.gif show sebol-shick last.

sebol-shick 390 and last has a little difference.
sebol-shick 390 for developed for programmer.

a case of korean sebol-shick support
emacs mule support only sebol-shick 390.
hanterm(korean supported xterm) support sebol-shick 390 first, nowdays
support both 390 and last.
Mac OS X default system support sebol-shick last.
MS Windows support both.

> *What kind of people use 3bulshick 390 and 2bulshick?
>  -Does it depend on first OS he uses?
There is no depend about OS.
Just default system and keybord has dubeol-shick input-method, like most
selling computer's default OS is MS Windows.
In most OS and Input method, sebeol-shing user should change
their system.

Dubeol-shick and Sebeol-shick using rate is about 10:1.
I think  Linux user rate Dubeol:Sebeol is 10:2

Sebeol-shick users say "If you love Hangul, you should use
Sebeol-shick." sometime I am too.

> *How is the popularity of both methods?
> *How often Korean people use hanja?
>  -I heard it is rare. Is it correct?

Yes, not many use about Hanja. but When write report, there is many use
them  officaly using and Univ. reporting.

> Great!
> I am looking forward to Korean developer to join our cooperation.

I will try to mail to ami and nabi developers.

--
The thure is out there
___