[SCIM] Re: Skim test in Korean env.

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 08:34:56 PDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:07:04 +0800, Kitae <neeum at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am a real beginnger in KDE, and I still don't have
> perfact Korean system for KDE.
>
> Anyway, I am add new test user and statx -- :1
> my .xinitrc is
> --
> export LANG="ko_KR.UTF-8"
> export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
> startkde
> --
> When I first skim start, skim desn't work well.
> I try to change skim input mode selection.
> so I have to run skim-kde-panel,
> After chaing, there is still all mode.
> So I try to re-run KDE, but all setting restore to default.
> I can't change mode setting in skim-kde-panel.
you meant scim-panel-kde, didn't you? Ok, the difference between skim
and scim-panel-kde is that: the first one will try to start a scim
backend if necessary, while the latter doesn't, because the latter one
is meant to be used by scim-launcher which will deal the issue itself.

Mode is refered to IMEngine, isn't it? I think that's because there
are no scim is running while you change the settings in skim, so when
you re-run KDE, the settings are lost.

> Then, I try to using scim-setup -c kconfig,
> and these setting work.
>
> Before using scim-setup,skim-tray didn't display any language mode and
> sometime changing mode work with defalut shotkey, but some time desn't.
> After that setting I can see language modes in Korean.
>
> when I try to type Korean, my setting is Korean 390 mode
> but that's not 390 mode I think that 2 bul mode
> I try change mode but that would't work.
> (I chose two input mode for testing)
>
> after that I log-out.
> I kill other users scim process using
> kill -9 $( ps aux | grep scim | awk '{ print $2}')
>
> and restart X.
> Korean 390 mode still wrong.
> and can't change mode. and don't need triger shot key.
I can not imagine why these would happen. However, you said skim works
fine under none-kde environment, then what's the none-kde environment
exactly?

> and skim-kde-panel isn't Korean, so I check skim source.
> There is no ko.po.
Yeap, because your translation is available after the release of skim
0.9.5. Skim 0.9.6 will contain your translation.

Thanks for reporting.

I will release skim 0.9.6 soon. Please have a try.

- Old Chinese adage