[SCIM] Re: Skim test in Korean env.

Kitae neeum at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 14:42:15 PDT 2004

Hi

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 17:56 +0100, LiuCougar wrote:
> You didn't mention you are using Apple. I think maybe this is the
> cause: no one else try to use skim under ibook I think...

Oh, sorry my poor english skill, I have ibook which is installed gentoo
ppc. I am using scim with my ibook. still not test with skim. befre
tesing I only use my Pentium 4 system using gentoo.

> > I will try to re-test,  delete test user, re-make, and more as I can.
> 0.9.6 released please test ;)

I just install  skim(0.9.6) by editing exist ebuild.

Before posting problem was caused by gtk program default input method
not set using XIM.

I only set

export XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
export LANG="ko_KR.UTF-8"

But, gtk program need more..
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim

I just thought if not set GT_IM_MODULE, gtk will be use XIM.
but not.

Please add to "export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim" in skim-handbook for
avoid mistake as I make.

Skim work fine, both on the spot and over the spot.
GTK program work on the spot and over the spot.
Jave program work over the spot.
Kedit program doesn't work. I am not sure it work with xim
Konqueror and scribus work fine. on and over the spot.

Before I using edit or typing using skim, I can't see any language list
from skim tray icon click. That time I just see a sharp bar.
After first using. I can see list.

and Language list and "scim-setup -c kconfig" well display Korean menu.
but skim-setup doesn't even if there is skim.mo in locale directory.
That thing I am not sure, I think may be KDE need more config or setting
for Korean. Before I said I am beginner in KDE.

Now I under emerging kde-lib and kdebase in my ibook.
after that i will try same.. thing..

Thanks

Kitae

P.S
I worry about my poor english and too many posting.
I think, I have to study more and more for imporve english,
and hope I be more thinkable.