[SCIM] Re: Skim test in Korean env.

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 15:54:26 PDT 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:42:15 +0800, Kitae <neeum at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Please add to "export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim" in skim-handbook for
> avoid mistake as I make.
Thanks, I will add this info into the handbook for the next version.

> Skim work fine, both on the spot and over the spot.
> GTK program work on the spot and over the spot.
> Jave program work over the spot.
> Kedit program doesn't work. I am not sure it work with xim
> Konqueror and scribus work fine. on and over the spot.
I just wonder if konqueror works fine with skim, why not kedit?
Does konqueror work fine with scim-panel-gtk?

> Before I using edit or typing using skim, I can't see any language list
> from skim tray icon click. That time I just see a sharp bar.
> After first using. I can see list.
I can not quick catck up with you. Could you upload a screenshot about
this issue?

> and Language list and "scim-setup -c kconfig" well display Korean menu.
> but skim-setup doesn't even if there is skim.mo in locale directory.
> That thing I am not sure, I think may be KDE need more config or setting
> for Korean. Before I said I am beginner in KDE.
Yes, KDE need some special setting: KDE does not honor the LANG
environment variable, you should set the language in "Control Centre
-> Regional & Accessibility -> Country/Region & Language".  Use the
"Add language" button to add korean. Of course, you should first
install kde-i18n package which if for korean (I can not figure out
which is the correct one so far)

Good luck with your KDE journal ;)

> P.S
> I worry about my poor english and too many posting.
> I think, I have to study more and more for imporve english,
> and hope I be more thinkable.
Yeap, I think we do have some difficulties in understanding each
other. However I believe we can overcome these ;)

Regards,

- Old Chinese adage