[SCIM] skim: rpm and German manual for SuSE Linux 9.1

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 09:36:08 PDT 2004

Hi Jan,

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:57:19 +0200, Jan Hefti <j.hefti at hamburg.de> wrote:
> I like SCIM a lot, especially when used together with skim, which allows
> me to type Chinese characters as well as accented letters without having
> to change input methods for the first time. Thank you very much!
>
> And in order to share this happiness with other users, I decided to
> build an rpm for SuSE Linux 9.1, which you can get at
>
> http://www.chinaboard.de/skim
Thanks a lot for your effort.

> Unfortunately, I am not really an experienced packager, so if you find
> any errors, please report them to me, and I will try to correct them.
I will mirror the RPM in freedesktop, thanks

> There is also a very basic German user manual on the site - just barely
> enough to get you started, not more. But if people read it, I will
> eventually update it and elaborate on it.
>
> Looking forward to any comments - I am sure I missed a lot of things.
> Thanks again for the great programming!

Some suggestions about the manual:

1. killall scim-lib
should be
killall scim-launcher
killall scim-panel-gtk

2. Please also state what your locale is please: this is important for
users who want to use scim properly.

Regards,
Cougar

- Old Chinese adage