[SCIM] Re: Skim test in Korean env.

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 10:02:20 PDT 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:04:48 +0800, Kitae <neeum at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 22:54 +0000, LiuCougar wrote:
> > I can not quick catck up with you. Could you upload a screenshot about
> > this issue?
> You can see that from http://bluetux.made.com/skim.png
Ok, I see. If no scim process is running, skim will display an empty
input method list.
If you want to use skim as your default panel, please change following
settings in skim config dialog:
Global Settings -> General SCIM
And change following settings to:

Panel Program: scim-panel-kde
Config Module: kconfig

>From now on, scim will start skim automatically, so what you have to do is just:
scim -d

Otherwise, if you want to use skim occasionally, then you can start it as:
skim -d
Also in skim config dialog:
Global Settings -> Skim Plugins
please make sure that plugin "SCIM Server" is enabled/selected, so
skim will start scim automatically. If this plugin is disabled
(scim-panel-kde always disable this plugin no matter what you have set
in the config dialog), skim will not try starting scim itself.

> Thanks, in gentoo default portage system doesn't have
> Korean kde-i18n.
> so fine that kde-i18n for korean.  Asking Korean KDE website,
> I could get working kde-i18n for Korean.
I think you korean users may want to fire a bug report in gentoo bugzilla.

> If you want to install Korean kde-i18n, I attached that ebuild file,
> just
> one line from default ebuild. before emerge just add "ko" to LINGUAS
Thanks for your info.

> I my iBook, skim work fine within KDE desktop.
> One time skim-lunche process take whole cpu, so I have to
> Kill KDE by contrl + alrt + backspace key.
> Then I stop other xwindow,  and restart KDE, after that
> there is no more problem.
> I just check every thing work fine.
> and I can see Korean
there is no program called skim-launcher, although one is called
scim-launcher, do you mean this one?

> In my Pentium 4 system,
> Still have problem, KDE progeam with XIM
> I use nfs share home directory with ibook.
> so I think setting isn't problem, and may my qt is some kind
> broken.
> I can see Korean from KDE menu, Skim config , and using xim with other
> system not KDE's
> now I will try emerge qt-3.3.3. (my both sytem qt is 3.3.2.)
what will happen if you try typing korean in a KDE program? Can you
trigger skim? Can you see the candidate window when you typing?

> Anyway KDE too havey to me.
IMO, I do no think KDE is so heavy for a P4 user.

Regards,
- Old Chinese adage