[SCIM] Couple of questions about skim

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Sat Aug 21 21:41:29 PDT 2004

Hi,

I installed skim-0.99.6 in my Mandrake cooker box from tarball.  Overall, it
works fine but I have a couple of questions.

1. It seems that dead keys don't work unless one of the input methods or
'English/European' is activated.  (Using scim alone, I can use them without
choosing any input method.)  Is it intended or did I something wrong?
I configured skim to use scim-panel-kde and kconfig.  I don't have
Qt-immodule, if it is relevant.

2. Messages in the left pane of the skim panel and the title of each window
don't show translated strings.  For example, 'Input window' in the left pane
and 'Configure for Input Window' in the right pane are always shown in
English.  I have no idea what is wrong.  Cougar, could you please check the
attached skim.ja.po.tar.gz?

Thank you.

Yukiko