[SCIM] Re: Couple of questions about skim

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 16:32:50 PDT 2004

Hi Yukiko,

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:41:29 +0900, Yukiko Bando <ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> 1. It seems that dead keys don't work unless one of the input methods or
> 'English/European' is activated.  (Using scim alone, I can use them without
> choosing any input method.)  Is it intended or did I something wrong?
> I configured skim to use scim-panel-kde and kconfig.  I don't have
> Qt-immodule, if it is relevant.
Sorry, I can not test the dead key issue in my box. However, I do
think that if scim-panel-gtk works, there is no reason I can imagine
which would prevent skim from working properly: the dead key issue is
related to scim backend, which are the same in both scim-panel-gtk and
skim.
James, could you have a try skim in your environment to verify this bug? Thanks.

> 2. Messages in the left pane of the skim panel and the title of each window
> don't show translated strings.  For example, 'Input window' in the left pane
> and 'Configure for Input Window' in the right pane are always shown in
> English.  I have no idea what is wrong.
Oh, its my fault.
Please download this file:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/scim/skim/po/desktop.pot?rev=1.2
and rename it to desktop_ja.po and then translate it in the normal way.
After you finished, please rerun bootstrap, configure and make,
then under po/, please run

make update-all
cd ../
make install

Then you should see the complete Japanese UI (of course you need to
restart skim)

BTW: please do not forget to send me the translated desktop_ja.po ;)

Jan and Kitae, could you please also translate the desktop.pot file?

Thanks.
> Cougar, could you please check the attached skim.ja.po.tar.gz?
Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Regards,
Cougar
- Old Chinese adage