[SCIM] Re: New screenshots for skim

Yukiko Bando ybando at k6.dion.ne.jp
Thu Aug 26 02:25:53 PDT 2004

Hi Cougar,

On Thursday 26 August 2004 11:29, LiuCougar wrote:
> > > One more thing that I noticed is that skim doesn't seem to remember the
> > > font size for the input/lookup window on my machine.  I'm using KDE
> > > 3.2.3.
> >
> > I will investigate it. Thanks.
>
> Sorry, but it seems I can not reproduce this issue. Below is what I did to
> test: 1. change the font in the configure dialog for the input window
> 2. trigger the inputmethod to see the input window, and the font is
> changed to the new specified one
> 3. close skim (or restart KDE)
> 4. restart skim, trigger it again, and I can see skim still uses the
> font specified in step 1.
>
> Could you tell me how you can reproduce this bug?

I did a clean install of everything and got rid of the problem.  Probably I
had messed up some configurations...  I'll report to you if the same thing
happens again.

> > I tried to make a screenshot and found out that I could not resize the
> > 'About' panel.  It is ludicrously wide... so I'll give up.  Sorry.  Hope
> > someone else will be able to help you.
>
> I have no idea why you can't resize about dialog. Maybe some strings
> are too long in Janpanese...

I found that all KDE apps showed a very wide 'About' panel in any
language.  Maybe the minimum size is set like that for some reason in
Mandrake's KDE.  And I've noticed I can make it even wider, so it's not skim's
problem at all.  Very sorry for the confusion.  I made a screenshot anyway.
Please use it if you don't find it weird...

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/pictures/skim.png

The ja.po files in the CVS look fine.  Thanks.

Yukiko