[SCIM] scim options are confusing

Greg Aumann Greg_Aumann at sil.org
Fri Aug 27 22:16:10 PDT 2004

I changed my .xinitrc as you suggested. It didn't change anything.

Then I removed scim -d from .xinitrc
started kde and in a konsole ran scim -d
The startup message included an error but after that it worked in gedit,
kedit and openoffice. Startup messages included below.

Then I put it scim -d back in .xinitrc. Again it wouldn't work in kedit,
konsole or openoffice.

But if I ran scim -d in a console it started to work in kedit and
openoffice.

So I have found two options:
a) put scim -d in .xinitrc and run it in konsole
b) delete scim -d and run it in konsole.

The startup message for option a) is different than it is for b)

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my configuration?

Greg

startup message for option b) one for option a) is a lot shorter.
- ----------------------------------------------------
$ scim -d
Smart Common Input Method 0.99.6

Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
Creating backend ...
m17n IMEngine module is successfully loaded.
pinyin IMEngine module is successfully loaded.
rawcode IMEngine module is successfully loaded.
Failed to load table IMEngine module.
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
Launching a SCIM process with x11...
Creating backend ...
socket IMEngine module is successfully loaded.
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
SCIM has been successfully launched.
$